Student volunteers play a crucial role in ensuring the success of a conference. They are the people that help everyone from registration to local support. ICSE has had a long tradition of using student volunteers. In return for the the help that student volunteers render, they get the opportunity to attend the conference at no cost. This allows students to meet, interact and network with well renowned international researchers from every part of the world. Such interactions often help shape the research direction for many students.
In order to provide the best help to all attendees we are looking for an enthusiastic and diverse group of student volunteers who are willing to welcome and help every attendee. Student volunteers will be selected from a diverse set of universities (both local to India and international). Preference will be given to students students pursuing research, but who have not yet published in Tier 1 conferences before 2014. Students with papers at ICSE will be given a strong preference as well.
- Approximately 20 hours of work during the conference week.
- Registration duties (including setting up, and helping attendees register).
- Technical assistance to speakers and attendees.
- Provide directions to various locations at the conference center.
- Checking badges at various halls including dining halls.
- Other such similar tasks.
- Availability from May 30 - June 7 2014 (inclusive). Note that not all volunteers will be required for the whole time. We will try our best to consolidate the shift timings, but all volunteers must be able to work on any of the days.
- Free Registration to the main conference.
- Free ICSE 2014 T-Shirt.
- An opportunity to meet and talk to leading researchers (both academic and industry) about your research.
- Knowing that you played an important part in the success of the conference!
- Must be enrolled in a Phd, Masters or full time undergraduate program at the time of application.
- Proficient in English.
- Your advisor must be willing to write a reference letter for you.
- A completed online application form.
- Your CV emailed to Mei Nagappan with the subject "Student Volunteer Application for Student Name".
- A letter of reference from your academic supervisor must be emailed to Mei Nagappan. This letter should cover your organizational skills, willingness to help, proficiency in English, and anything else that will help us select you as a student volunteer. Please note that this email has to be sent by the academic advisor who you indicated in the application form.
Application Due Date (Including Reference Letters) Feb 1st 2014
Notification Date Feb 20th 2014
Visas and Funding Options
- Visa Support Letters: If you need a visa support letter to apply for a visa, please visit the Visa Information page (http://2014.icse-conferences.org/visa).
- We encourage all students to apply for financial assistance through the Sigsoft CAPS program.
- If your university requires specific information not included in the Notification of Selection as a Student Volunteer in order to approve funding for travel, be sure to let the Student Volunteer Chair know as soon as possible.
Student Volunteers Chair
If you have any further questions or clarifications please contact Mei Nagappan.