To encourage participation and submission by professionals and researchers in India in ICSE2014, SIGSE and ISOFT are sponsoring research workshops in various regions and companies. The idea of these workshops is to encourage people to write up their research work and submit it to a workshop, from which best papers can be selected for submission (and mentoring, if desired) to various tracks and workshops in ICSE2014. That is, these workshops will identify those papers which have potential for ICSE tracks/workshops, and through reviews and feedback on presentation in the workshop help improve the selected papers. It should be pointed out that a paper submitted to ICSE cannot be published anywhere. Hence we envisage that these pre-ICSE workshops will not have any proceedings of publications of any kind – they will be primarily for selecting good papers and providing them feedback. It should also be emphasized, that plagiarism and copyright violation will be dealt with strictly, as per IEEE guidelines.
Organizing a pre ICSE workshop
Researchers from a region can organize this workshop in their region. Researchers from a large company, or a group of companies, with considerable amount can also organize one internally. The following support will be provided to a pre-ICSE workshop:
- A workshop can have its own title and name, with the tag line: “an ICSE2014 Event”. ICSE2014 logo can also be used. The workshop must be research-oriented.
- Links to workshop website will be added to the ICSE2014 website. Names of the organizers and Chairs will also be mentioned on ICSE2014 website.
- SIGSE may provide, under its support scheme (http://www.csi-sigse.org/support.htm), a financial support of up to Rs 50,000, if the workshop is open.
- ICSE2014 committee, SIGSE, ISOFT can provide a senior researcher as mentor for the workshop.
- Selected papers may be nominated for mentoring under the mentoring program.
- Those finally selected for ICSE2014 tracks and workshops may also get complimentary registration to ICSE2014 (funds permitting.)
Important dates and how to organize
The workshop must be held before the submission dates of the various tracks and workshops (these dates vary for different tracks and workshops). It is suggested that these workshops be held before Aug/Sept 2013, and so must be planned by June/July. If mentoring program has to be used, then it should be done even earlier.
For organizing a pre-ICSE workshop, send a proposal to Pankaj Jalote, the General Chair of ICSE2014 on email (firstname.lastname@example.org) with the subject “Pre-ICSE Research workshop for ICSE2014”. The proposal should contain the names of two co-chairs who will organize this workshop and paper contest, the group of researchers the workshop and contest will aim to cover (say from a company or a region), and a plan for the workshop, and whether support is being sought.
Some of the workshops being supported under this program are:
- Indian Conference on "Research Ideas in Software Engineering and Security (RISES'13)
(The execom of SIGSE approved this workshop for its standard Rs 50K support)
Chief Patron: Dr.V.Abhaikumar, Principal, Thiagarajar College of Engineering, Madurai
Program Chair: Dr.V.Mohan, Dean-Planning and Administration, TCE, Madurai
Organizing Co-chairs: Dr.D.Jeya Mala, Dept of CA, TCE, Madurai
Dr.S.Geetha, Dept of IT, TCE, Madurai.
- 6th National Workshop on Recent Trends in Software Testing
General Chair: Prof. Rajib Mall, IIT Kharagpur
Prof. A. K. Turuk, Head, CSE Dept., Chairman
Prof. P. M. Khilar, CSE Dept.
Prof. B. D. Sahoo, CSE Dept.
Prof. P. K. Sa, CSE Dept.
- SEIA – Workshop on software engineering for industrial applications
Organizing Co-chair: Alpana Dubey (email@example.com)
Anil Nair (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Raoul Jetley (email@example.com)
Abhilash G., ABB India Development Center
Sarala M., ABB India Development Center
Sathish V., ABB India Development Center
Nandkishor Kubal, ABB India Corporate Research Center
- CSI-Region-3 Pre-ICSE Work Shop
Shri. A. S. Kiran Kumar, Director, Space Applications Centre, ISRO
Dr. R. Nandakumar, SAC-ISRO & CSI-SIGSE
Dr. Sanjay Chaudhary, DA-IICT & CSI-AC
- Software Engineering In Practice
Organizing Chair : Raghu Reddy, IIIT Hyderabad
Bipin Pendyala, CA Technologies
Venkatesh Choppella, IIIT Hyderabad
Ramesh Loganathan, Progress Software
- Workshop on Software Engineering Education and Training
V V Kamat, Goa University
Programme Committee chair:
M. Sasikumar, C-DAC, Mumbai India
Shekhar Sahasrabudhe, PSL, Pune
Ramrao Wagh, Goa University
Jyoti Pawar, Goa University
Maria Choudhary, Oracle
- Workshop on Human Aspects of Software Engineering
Sandeep Athavale, Human Centric Systems Research, TRDDC, TCS
Aditya Abhyankar, Dean, Department of Technology, University of Pune
Yogesh Dandawate, Researcher Infosys Labs
Abhijat Vichare, Independent Consultant
Arati Dixit, Researcher DIAT Pune
Tejaswini Apte, Symbiosis Institute of Computer studies and Research